Prana Danda Yoga – Meditation in FlowMotion
Athens Greece June 7 & 8
with Demetri Veliskakis
Stand your ground, align with your life force and cultivate inner peace through Prana Danda Yoga
Meditation in FlowMotion.
Meditation in FlowMotion is a unique system of yoga that combines meditative music with slow movements aided by a specially designed five foot staff (outer danda) that guides the body and directs the flow of energy.
Training with a staff in balancing stances, yoga poses and step patterns benefits one’s coordination, establishes energetic pathways of flow and embodies courage and confidence.
Learn the philosophy and fundamentals of PDY as a embodied ritual practice and as a sacred support for asana, meditation, dance and flow.
The practice methodology is a synthesis of Prana Vinyasa Yoga from Shiva Rea, Himalayan Buddhist meditation, the martial art of Kalari from India, swordsmanship and the flow arts of boxing and dance.
• •Sharpens attention, increases flexibility and stamina, refines coordination, stimulates both hemispheres of the brain and balances the nervous system.
• •Harnesses energetic (prana) power through centered, yogic breathing timed with rhythmic movement opening the channels (nadis) unifying the body, energy and mind.
• •Embodies the qualities of the guardian; an archetype of potent masculine and feminine energy.
• •Acts a horizontal and vertical alignment tool supporting the body in asana and meditation.
You will learn:
* core prana danda meditation and Nine round breathing to open the inner danda channel
* synchronized partner practice
• sequences from the Heaven & Earth Family, Vira Family and The Gathering
For more information and booking, please contact us at 211 010 5000.